Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cooking Attempts 30~32: Cream of Carrot Soup, Shoyu Ramen and Potato Salad

I'm putting these dishes together, because I basically copied the recipe online. I just love looking at pictures of food. I could watch the Food Network all day, I swear. Except when they have a zillion barbeque shows in a row, because it's boring, the hosts (usually men) are always half-shouting at the camera and they never ever wear gloves when they're handling the meat.

Cream of Carrot Soup
This is basically a reworking of the smoky potato and broccoli soup I made in October. I love love LOVE the warm orange colour. I also like to add a ton of pepper just before I eat it. Mmm~



Shoyu Ramen
This is soy sauce flavoured ramen that I made from scratch! I think Korean instant ramen is the best, but if you want authentic ramen, it's Japanese all the way.



Potato Salad
I didn't use red potatoes like it says in the recipe, but it was still yummy. Red or yellow, you still get the potassium in the skin. Go go, potassium!

2 comments:

JG said...

Those look really good! I've become fairly practised at making interesting ramen - always with seaweed, eggs, and whatever veggies I have on hand. Do you think it would work with some boiled fish? (cheap to buy frozen, and you can cook it right from the freezer)

Ladyjutea said...

I think fish would work really well with spicy ramen. Mmm~ And shrimp? Ooh~