Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cooking Attempt #49: Lemon meringue pie and lemon chiffon pie

Would you believe me if I said that I've never had any kind of lemon pie? Well, it's true. When Robert found out, he declared it a most grievous sacrilege and made the oh so subtle suggestion to his mother.

So Lilian taught me how to make a pie crust. It was my first time wielding a rolling pin. I poked holes in the crust with a fork before baking it. It was just like the Cooking Mama game!



We made lemon meringue pie that day. It was so pretty!!! And delicious. We didn't chill it long enough, so the filling oozed out when we cut it for dinner. But still yummy!



The next day, we made lemon chiffon pie. There was a tiny bit of leftover filling, so I nyomphed it down as a self-congratulatory snack. That pie sliced nicely when cut. Mmm~ so nommy.



So I know how to make pies now! Whee!!!

3 comments:

JG said...

I am stunned you've never had lemon pies before. And, since these obviously turned out well, I hereby request the provision of a lemon meringue pie as soon as possible. I'll even offer to help so I can learn to make it myself... hmm... now there's an idea. Why are egg whites and sugar so delectable?

Linda said...

I want pie!!! :D Those look sooo yummy - I'm such a big fan of pie. Well done, Judes!

Waterlily said...

"nyomphed"
LOL love that word.
Here, have some more pie.
If you thought that lemon was good, just wait till you taste Black Bottom Pie.