Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cooking Attempts: #12 - 17

I haven't been productive at all lately, so the recipes have been piling up since I got back from Toronto. I've made some yummy things though, so it seems a waste to not put up these pictures, even if I don't have the energy to write a complete recipe for each of them. Enjoy!


Cooking Attempt #12: Crepes for breakfast!
I used strawberry jam and Nutella. I think next time, I might use fresh fruit.




Cooking Attempt #13: 유부초밥 - Japanese rice balls in a bean curd pocket!
The bean curd pockets, vinegar sauce and veggie flecks come in an instant package. You just mix the latter two with warm rice and fill the pockets (which are a variation of tofu) with the mixture.




Cooking Attempt #14: Banana bread
I made this from scratch using a recipe I found on the internet, but I also added walnuts and chocolate chips for extra texture. It was yummy and healthy too!




Cooking Attempt #15: 국수 - Korean noodle soup
I used Korean vermicelli in an anchovy broth and added shrimps to the soup. The mixture on the top is green onions, hot pepper flakes and soy sauce. It turned out to be rather bland, which probably means that I didn't use enough anchovies to make the broth.




Cooking Attempt #16: 수제비 - Korean rice dough and beef soup
I made this, because I was just starting to get a cold and I wanted to warm myself up. It's basically like the beef and radish soup recipe, except it's got potatoes instead of radishes, more onion and chunks of dough made from rice flour. I could only make one serving at a time, because if you warm it up again, the dough in the soup doesn't taste as good as the first time.




Cooking Attempt #17: 카레 - Pork and veggie curry
After cooking the veggies and pork in a frying pan with a bit of oil, I scooped it all into a pot and covered it with water. After bringing it up to a boil, I added curry powder that comes in a package at Korean markets. Since I like my curry to be extra spicy, I also added a teaspoon of hot chili powder. Yum~

2 comments:

JG said...

I am SO hungry right now.

Anonymous said...

I love crepes! I love nutella even more!

Tara