Friday, May 16, 2008

OH. MY. GOD!!!

I'm squealing with delight. Literally squealing with my fists wiggling at cheek level.

I just found online videos of the anime series "Rose of Versailles", which is my favourite manga of ALL TIME.



Rose of Versailles is a Japanese manga about Lady Oscar de Jarjayes, a fictional character in the court of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette who is another prominent character along with her lover, Axel von Fersen. And you know how much I obsess over Marie Antoinette. I have scoured all the libraries in York Region and North York for biographies about her and read them all. I borrowed the Jane Seymour movie about her from the Westmount library and cursed Sophia What's-her-face for focusing more on shoes than character growth in her movie with Kirsten Dunst. I did projects on Marie Antoinette. I translated the first volume of the manga from Korean to English. I had my mother lug back a brand new set of the manga from Korea.

You cannot believe how excited I am. I'm probably not going to get any work done today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you visit the Curio Shop regularly, you might find a Marie-Antoinette-type wig for your Webkinz!

Ladyjutea said...

You just blew my mind, Lilian. I must earn money quickly in order to acquire this wig for my panda! I must!

Unknown said...

Dear lord, don't listen to her -- she speaks in the tongue of the devil!

julie said...

OMG, I had no idea. No wonder you fit in so well with the rest o' the family.

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh!!! I have a present for you, but I don't know how to get it to you...