Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It's all for the children... *shifty eyes*

As a gift to the unit in my last days as a nursing extern, I've made a CD of cutesy songs from the Katamari Damacy video game series for the children here. They're here for so long, they might as well have something new to listen once in awhile.

It has nothing to do with the fact that I just want to listen to the awesome music while I'm changing diapers and feeding formula. No...how ridiculous would that be? I mean, it's not like I've snuck Korean hip hop in ther-

Well, alright, I did do that. But it's a mellow song that blends in seemlessly with Katamari's funky melodies. The lyrics are about breaking up, but how many people know Korean nowadays, right? I also put in an anime song and some clips from Viva Pinata. It's totally kid friendly!

So no one accuse me when I appear to enjoy the CDs just as much as the children, if not more. I'm moments away from singing along to the Katamari Que Sera Sera.

It's FRIGGING SWEET.

3 comments:

JG said...

I've suddenly had a vision of Katamari music playing in the OR...

:D

Can't rely on Top 40 stuff too much, now can we?

Dasol said...

Try doing kitchen work for 12 hours. No sitting down, cramped kitchen, slippery floor. It makes you go insane when all you see is darkness when you leave the house and darkness when you get back home.

julie said...

LOL. You are also now my music hero. (Yes, I'm behind on your blog.)