Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cooking Attempt #19: Carrot cake

I've been putting off trying this recipe, because it seems like such a hassle to grate carrots. I cut my finger on the grater, which is always a nice cooking deterrent. Awesome!

But in the end, it turned out very nicely, except that the recipe told me to bake it for 50 minutes, which is too long. At first I thought it was my oven, but I've tried recipes (like the banana bread) from other websites which turn out just fine. So in the future, I must remember to subtract 20 minutes from the baking time on the Metro Grocery recipes.

Also, the recipe told me to ice the cake using 1.5 cups of icing sugar and 500g of cream cheese. O_O Does that seem like a lot of icing to anyone? Well maybe it isn't and I'm just balking at the amount of sugar that they recommend you put in. So instead, I spread some light cream cheese on top, which was very nice.


No comments: